About Me

My photo
I am the ultimate Clayton's runner, but hey! At least I'm having a crack.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's true. Two really ARE better than one.

I know I did this big mea culpa last time we chatted but puh-lease. Cut a gal some slack.
Check this - in the last week - close family member had a heart attack; I was in a three way pile up in which a young man drove straight into the side (my side) of the ute; our new office flooded.

I don't reckon I'm being soft when I say I felt a bit stressed. But ! Good news, my great mate Michelle has brought me out of retirement. Well, a 4 week layoff. We're gonna run the HBF 14 race in May.

Here's the interesting thing about that. I don't know what you guys are like but I always preferred to run by myself. I loved the solitude, the fact I could go at my own pace, that kind of thing. But Michelle and I are in this together so for the first time in a long time, I have a running partner. And today I learned something...(which makes it a GREAT day)

We had a 45 flat mid paced run to knock off today but chose rolling hills instead. We are suckers for punishment. We got to the turn around point and there it is, the southerly...blasting away at 8.30 on a Saturday morning. Oh right! So that's why the first 4 ks felt incredible...talk about wind assisted.
Suffice to say, the run back was a right biatch. We struggled. The hills seemed higher, the road longer. But HERE's the thing. If Michelle had have been running right next to me, I undoubtedly would have stopped and walked. No question. I would have wimped out for sure. But I didn't. My friend and I chalked up our first negative split of this campaign under totally crappy conditions.
We celebrated by have a protein shake at my kitchen bench.

Good times!!

Love youse all
GT.

Oh and great news ! GP had his scan and the cancer is shrinking...it's looking much less grim. And BS is also on the up.


No comments:

Post a Comment