About Me

My photo
I am the ultimate Clayton's runner, but hey! At least I'm having a crack.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Did I walk under a ladder???

I write this on the couch, recovering from a brutal 24 hours of gastro. Did I walk under a ladder? If I was superstitious, I'd be racking my brains for evidence. But I'm not. And i digress. My point is, i JUST got over the man-virus and now this.
Seriously folks, without straying into the territory of a massive over-share, I had no idea the human body could behave the way mine did over the last 24 hours.

Put it this way. I am now confident of my status as a world champion spewer. Say no more.
I actually spewed into my own hair. This is true. I am over sharing and I don't care. Not one bit.
Oh how delightful this must be for you guys to read...I consider it a verbal purge, as opposed to the literal one, if you get my drift.

And I will say this, God bless the person who left a box of Jatz Crackers at my house after New Year's Eve. Those little critters have saved me today. And PowerAide. Thank the Good Lord for PowerAide.

What all of this points to is the fact that once again, I have missed my long run. And I'm running out of time. I don't want to diss my friend Winston Churchil, but I gotta be realistic. My coach says it will be touch and go to be ready for Busso with just five weeks left - four if you count my taper...

We shall see. Oh and a big shout out to Lauren T Gorton - gtmedia gal extraordinaire and currently fighting off the flu while on her fully sick honeymoon in the states. Get better Loz! The team is cheering for you!

Now, where are those Jatz??

GT

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gem...I don't like to hear you are in such suffering....but I am one that can cope with over shares anytime....I really can...

    Love if anyone can come back from this, you can...this will just make it that much more enjoyable when you get over the finish line and an even better story to tell...glad you are on the mend hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GT what the hell is wrong with you? I feel it might be a good time for a totally inappropriate eating disorder joke...great way to loose weight?

    Missing my GT ladies big time!
    x

    ReplyDelete