About Me

My photo
I am the ultimate Clayton's runner, but hey! At least I'm having a crack.

Monday, December 28, 2009

What did Winston Churchill say again?:

So I emailed my client and friend JN, and said I didn't think I'd be ready for Bussleton given that I've missed three weeks with the man-cold-virus or whatever the heck it was. And his response?
6 weeks is plenty - you'll be right.
I've never done a half marathon in such a short prep. I just don't feel ready. And I suppose that's where it starts and finishes huh ... how I feel ...in a word...SCARED!

So I guess it's a chance to prove myself wrong AND right. I trained today in the gym - an hour or weights and 20 mins cardio...felt really really good.

So in the words of a famous old guy who knew lots about battle....never ever ever ever give up.

Hopefully, back to running tomorrow.

Oh and massive congrats to my good friend and blogfollower AA who has shed 3kgs since starting her running career! Go girl, that's the business!


See ya

GT

2 comments:

  1. 6 weeks IS plenty Gem. That marathon won't know what happened to it after you smack that up :)

    ReplyDelete