About Me

My photo
I am the ultimate Clayton's runner, but hey! At least I'm having a crack.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sick as bro..

So here I sit on a Saturday night, on the couch, tissues at the ready. I SHOULD be at Bob Fergie's 60th in Kendenup but well...I'm not. So my first two weeks of preparation have been shocking. I'll be lucky to have knocked off 50% of my training load ...probably it's closer to 30%.   This cold is hanging around like blowflies around the BBQ on Christmas day. 

Big picture, this is not that big of a deal. I was thinking this morning that I may have to ditch doing Bussleton and just head for the hills instead but no...I'm going to use this set back as an experiment. I'm just going to keep on going and see what this amazing body that God created can do.  I mentioned in my first post that a couple of close mates are fighting for their lives right now. It's amazing what a healthy dose of perspective does for us.  So I'll rest and I'll get back into it as soon as I can. Because I can. 

Pass the tissues? 



2 comments:

  1. love reading your blog.
    please read my blog about my life and times as a pr student. www.kyliedv88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Nice one Kylie, thanks for the note. Good to hear from you
    Cheers
    G

    ReplyDelete