About Me

My photo
I am the ultimate Clayton's runner, but hey! At least I'm having a crack.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What doesn't kill you can still annoy you

Been a couple of days since I checked in, so busy this time of year. They say Christmas is the time when people focus on what really matters. I'd like to think so. I also think it's the time when I take a deep breath and prepare myself mentally and physically for the onslaught that is a Tognini family Christmas. But more on that another time..

Did 40 mins this morning into a howling easterly. Those danged easterly winds! The one thing I hate about a Perth summer ... they scream all night and blast the morning away. But the funny thing about it is, when I finished my run this morning, as much as it DID hurt, it really fired me up. I can't wait for Busso and I almost (almost) can't wait for Darlington.

So what's the plan for Christmas? Working right up until the 24th - we are so busy ! Going to try to catch as many friend as we can before the 25th, then a quiet couple of weeks before my fully sick cousins Alessandro and Elena arrive from Italy. God love 'em, they're so cool, I can't wait to spend time with them. 

Oh and running. Lots of it. Phil, my boxing coach has just come back from a trip east with the boxers from Bradricks who CLEANED up at the national titles. So I'll be in the ring, on the bike, putting the ks into my legs and doing everything I can to be ready for Feb. 


No comments:

Post a Comment